Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

how do i retreive my radio code

Customer Question

how do i retreive my radio code
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome -

Mike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise..

Mike :

Please respond so that I know you are in Live chat -

Mike :

I saw that you came into chat but left without responding - do you still need help with this question / or are you having trouble with the chat system at all?

Customer:

i have never seen or heard of this system before so i am very much in the dark as to what to do

Mike :

I see the same has happened again - In case you are having problems, Im going to switch us over to the QA system. We can carry on there -

Mike :

Ah I have you now..

Mike :

Thats fine - you just need to type your reply as you just did - then press Enter ..or mouse on the reply button.

Mike :

Re your radio code - what have you tried so far ?

Customer:

nothing

Mike :

Ok - well, you can get the code -- the easiest way is to give the local Jaguar dealer a ring - You just need to have the cars VIN to give them when you call - they can then retrieve the code from their systems with your VIN.

Mike :

You just need to give the dealer the last 6 digits of the VIN.

Mike :

Can I help you anymore at all or is that ok for you?

Customer:

okay then i have a 17 digit number on the windscreen is this the vin number

Mike :

Yes thats the VIN... you just need to give them the last 6 digits.

Mike :

Any Jaguar dealer can do that for you.

Customer:

thankyou

Mike :

No problem at all... Any problems do get back to me.. For now - I just need you to click on the OK ratings for me.

Mike :

Even though the question will close, you can get back to me at anytime should you need after clicking the OK ratings.

Mike :

Please be sure to do that before you leave - and Thank you . Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

jaguar xkr1997 message on dashboard reduced performance please explain

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

This is MIKE who you sent your new question too - and as answered you previously.

I do apologise for the delay - let me explain, this was because the question came through as it did - tagged on to your old / original question - as opposed to a new listed question - so Im about that .. Its ok - but it takes a bit longer for me to be notified this way of your question -

So - as regards your question - this Reduced Performance message you have on your Jaguar - This basically means that the main Pcm - computer that has overall control of the running of your engine management systems, has detected a fault somewhere in the engine management systems. This could be a sensor failing - it could be a component fault - it can even be a bad wire / connection etc - so its worth just checking all the wiring/connections for any faults - inc any loose pipes - vacuum pipes - splits in pipes etc - anything like that will cause this... so its worth checking.. cure any issue you may find and re check it. It will usually go off then if the Pcm sees it cured.

If you cant find anything, you will need to have a plug in diagnostic test done - Most small type garages can do this for you - you don't usually need a dealer - but that then needs doing to electronically asses the system, and trace the fault. Fault codes retrieved will ID the fault whatever it is as above - then it can be fixed... then the message will go off and all will be well again.

Sometimes - not always - but sometimes the engine management fault light comes on too - its the same scenario as above in that case.

So thats the way to get this sorted for you now.. Any problems, by all means let me know - Im always happy to help more if needed.

- Please do click on the "OK ratings" for me now at this point - Thank You .. and again - you can get back to me any time if needed..

Best Rgds , MIKE.