Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 99 S type and the heating is lukewarm at best. I have

Customer Question

I have a 99 S type and the heating is lukewarm at best. I have no coolant loss and the car does not overheat, The hoses in and out of the matrix are hot and I have replaced the heater valve, Do you have any ideas please?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

sounds like you've covered most of the options

this only leaves checking out the motor / cable that moves the air mixing flap that allows the hot air from the matrix to enter the car air system.

This flap is controlled by the temperature knob / dial etc and I think is controlled with a small motor for your car so the thing to do is first get access to the back of the control knob and measure the voltages is present there, then trace the wiring back into the dash from the control to locate the motor.

It’s worth first checking the fuses for the fan / control circuit

I'd recommend first removing the glovebox ( undo lower edge hinges from dash) to gain access to the dashboard inner and also allow you to shine a torch to the back of the central console so you can start tracing the wire back and see how things are put together