Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2005 S Type Jaguar with 86,000 miles on the clock.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 S Type Jaguar with 86,000 miles on the clock. In the last few months there have been 6 occasions when the heating/air con system has suddenly and without warning and totally uncommanded switched itself off, resulting in extremely warm air entering the vehicle through the vents. Switching off the engine then on again seems to work and it appears to reset itself but this is no good on motorways, etc. What should I do? The warm intake of air is so hot that we need to open all the windows until we can pull in and switch off. I could bring up the page on the touch screen and try switching off the a/c or hit the power button and switch the entire system off and initiate the RAM air intake button. Please help.
Category: Jaguar