Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My 2009 XKR sat nav fails to find satellites although map picture

My 2009 XKR sat nav fails to find satellites although map picture is shown, vehicle position is incorrect
Other functions on the touch screen are all OK
Is there a reset function or other to fix this issue?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you on this...

Before we progress - can you please give me the cars Full reg number - and the last 6 digits of the VIN...

Plus - have you done a program ( sat nav date / issue ) upgrade lately or did it just go like that -?

Then we can progress - When I receive your reply, I will get back to you asap thereafter -

Kind Rgds, MIKE..................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Reg no is (UK) MF 59 DSV

VIN last six digits B33 286

I haven't done a disc update since they were first installed, just removed the UK disc and replaced it when I had the problem initially.

Hope you can assist, look forward to your response

Mike

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mike... Thank you for your reply -

My sincere apologies that I could only just get back to you as of now..

Thank you for your information - Your symptoms are that of a fault with the antenna unit Mike.. but - before going down that line - you can try a re boot of the system - This will work if its just a glitch - which does happen..

So to do that you need to remove the fuse to the system - to kill the power. The fuse location will be in your owners manual or, you can disconnect the car battery - Remove whichever and leave off for 30 mins - then re connect -and retry the system. ( You may need to enter your radio code doing the above - so be sure you have that.. If you dont , you can ge re advised of it by any Jaguar dealer )

If that works for you - thats that done. If it doesn't - or if it does but fails again, then the antenna is suspect as above. This is a renewable part that you get from any Jaguar dealer parts dept - ( or you can have them diagnose / fit the part ) I would recommend to have it confirmed - but 99% of the time thats what is is..
So those are the options /ways forward on this to get this one sorted for you Mike..

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert