Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

S type jaguar probmatic wiring loom

Customer Question

We have a 2006 s type 2.7 se auto diesel car which is in beautiful condition and we love it !!!!! BUT we have had several problems with the wiring loom (or so they keep telling us ) it shows an orange light on the dash with restricted performance but every time it goes into the garage the diagnostic machine shows no problems ! This process costs several hundred pounds per time always blamed on the wiring loom, one time the sensor on one of the exhausts was changed but eventually the orange light still comes on showing restricted performance. Our latest problem was the costliest THE ORANGE LIGHT CAME ON AND SHOWED gearbox fault park brake fault and the gear lever stuck in the park brake position we had no choice than to leave our car in the jag garage in Brentwood because we were on our way to the airport they said it was the alternator £15000 and 3 days later the red battery light was back on garage conclusion wiring loom £3000 down the road we are no further on !!!!!PLEASE HELP WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST WE DO !!!!!
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX happy to help / advise you on this...

Can I just ask / clarify with you -- what is the £15000 for exactly ??

Too - what exactly has been done with the wiring loom?

Can you also please give me the cars' VIN..

Rgds, MIKE...................................