Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

hi my s type 2.7d has a code P1132B-00 turbo boost control

Customer Question

hi my s type 2.7d has a code P1132B-00 turbo boost control A performance, could you explain what this could be also which is A turbo please
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you ..

Can you first please tell me the cars full reg number and VIN...

Too - what sort / type of garage / equipment has been used on the car?

Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi mike

reg DC07DKF

vin SAJACO11387N81291

a mobile mechanic read the code for me P132B-00

turbo boost control A performance - don't know what software he used, but an obdc2 would not read it

the saga started 2 weeks ago car went into restricted performance, had the car read and egr valves where deemed fault, I've replace both of them and now I got the fault above,

car still in restricted performance, I presume the A turbo to be the n/s turbo because I don't see any movement from the actuator on the turbo, or could that be just a fail safe as something else is not giving an output?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Derek -

Thank you for your reply.. and further info..

First, my sincere apologies that I could only just get back to you - Im afraid I have had system issues all weekend so Im sorry about that ..

Now looking at the fault you have - issues in your question.. I am suspicious that you even have the right code there Derek. I say that because you say the mob mech said it wont read OBD2. We dont know what equipment / software he was using then - but I asked in the first place because I was suspicious of the code and that comment from him pretty much confirms there is some issue here with the actual diagnosis. Your Jaguar is fully OBD2 compliant - so I suspect his equipment etc is either faulty or its not been used correctly ( we see this a lot )

The fault code you have - the P1132 - actually refers to a faulty o2 sensor / lambda sensor.. and it could be that - but at this stage, Im going to have to advise that you have a garage re read the codes for you Derek... Ideally of course a Jaguar dealer - but so long as you use a reputable garage with good -top end equipment there shouldn't be an issue... Once you have the correct code ( or confirmation of the code - o2 sensor fault ) then you can let me know and we can look at it further - but to be honest , the code machine will tell the tech what the fault is - and you can just go from there. If it is proven to be a faulty o2 sensor code - the wiring and particularly its connector should be checked before replacing the sensor -as often this is found to be all thats wrong..

So thats the way forward on this one now Derek - again - you can get back to me at any time if you need further help / direction -

Once again - my sincere apologies for the delay -

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

This is MIKE who answered you as above.

Im just checking to see if you still need anything more / any mnore help with your question as above.. If you do, please just let me know. If not, if we are done, I do just need you to click on the OK ratings for me now at this point. Thank you .

Kind Rgds, MIKE.