Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my S/TYPE IWANT TO REMOVE THE COVER FROM THE GEAR STICK CHANGER.I

my S/TYPE IWANT TO REMOVE THE COVER FROM THE GEAR STICK CHANGER.I HAVE NO GEARS, BUT I KNOW THERE IS A SOLANOID SWITCH UNDER THE COVER. HELP.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome..

Mike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you --

Mike :

I have read what you have written - please explain to me exactly what you have tried so far - - then we can progress..

Mike :

Please just respond to me - send me a response so that I know you are still here in Live chat --

Customer:

tried lifting the cover off, with a knife and screwdriver. cant do it,are there clips i cant see?

Mike :

Hi there - thank you for your response.

Mike :

Yes - on the S type of that year that you have- that cover is clipped into place.. you need a strong but thin blade inserted - and with a jerk motion -to unsnap the clips - you lift the panel up that way.

Mike :

It can be a bit daunting when you first do it - but thats the way it lifts up.

Customer:

im a veteran from the middle east, and no car no mobility

Mike :

I understand - as I mentioned above,It can be a bit daunting when you first do it for fear of breaking it - -- but thats the way it lifts up.

Customer:

i will try your suggestion mike, can i get back if no improvement?

Mike :

Work your way round it and it will come.

Mike :

Yes of course no problem. Let me explain...

Mike :

I just need you to click on the OK ratings now at this point... it will say "to close" - but clicking the OK ratings does not close you out... if you need to get back to me - you just come back to this here - re type a reply - hit the Reply / send - and when I receive it - I will get back to you as soon as I get / see it - I am on and off all day now so if you should reply I will get back to you no problem at all ;)

Mike :

Is that all ok for you or do you need anything else right now?

Customer:

you have made it easy for me to understand.

Mike :

Very good - Im pleased to have been able to help... So thats the way the justanswer system works as above- again, if we are done for now, I just need you to click on the OK ratings - If you get your issue sorted , thats that.. If not and you do need anything more , you can then come back to me as above. Too - after clicking the OK ratings - you will receive an email with a link - back to this question if you need.

Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when you change gears now there is nothing holding the little selector rod.itsbroken plastic holder wants renewing. can this be done mike?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hallo,now ive removed the cover ive noticed that where the little ball joint goes as it changes the gears the plastic holder is broken , this needs changeing can i do that, if i get the part?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again...

I do apologise - I have been off for the last week so have only just received your messages - as above.

Where are you up to then now at present - do you still need further help ??

Best Rgds, MIKE - -