Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

fuel cap wont open with release lever , can I adjust it or

Customer Question

fuel cap wont open with release lever , can I adjust it or how do I replace cable?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I would still like the answer which I have paid for, and a way of opening my petrol cap properly

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

if the lever in the cabin feels loose and floppy then its likely the cable has broken

I'd use the emergency release pull in the boot thats hidden behind the carpet to pop open the flap so you can then access the flap end of the cable

for an easy replacement I'd use the old cable as a guide to pull the new item through

so locate the unbroken end - use some strong tape to secure the new cable to the old and pull the old cable out whilst drawing the new item in