Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I just purchased an 04 Jaguar XJ 350. Its supposed to

I just purchased an 04 Jaguar XJ 350. It's supposed to have bluetooth (I think). When I press the button with the picture of a telephone on it to pair my phone a message comes up on the display "no phone".

I can't seem to find anything onine about this. My car seems setup to have this functionality - it has the Alpine sound system, the centre consol is as in the Jaguar Manual, etc.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks and regards,

David
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome.. My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you -

Mike :

Can you tell me exactly what you have done re trying to pair the phone - please be detailed..

Mike :

I am not receiving any reply from you in Live chat - I assume then you have gone off line. I will therefore switch us to the QA system. When you come back on, please reply to the above - when I receive your reply, I will get back to you asap thereafter.. Kind Rgds, MIKE................................

Customer:

Hi Mike,

Customer:

Sorry for being offline.

Customer:

I basically have only tried what is in the Jaguars owners manual - which basically states push the button with the phone on it and you should get a message "sig****" and pair from then.

Customer:

I also put my cell phone into pairing mode but whenever i push the telephone button on the dash I got a "no phone" message and my cell phone didn't see any bluetooth signal from the car.

Mike :

Hi again - that's no problem at all - Im here as of now anyway -

Customer:

Mike :

Hi there.. can I ask - did you use the ##3#*# ?

Customer:

No - may I ask what that is?

Mike :

That's an "invoke" for want of a better word to see if BT is installed on the car.. All the Jags have phone capability - but wired - not all have BT - did you want to do that now / try it - I can wait..

Customer:

Hi I'll just give it a try. Give me 5 mins thx

Mike :

Ok yes - do that - note its "reply" on screen and let me know..

Mike :

On the car screen I mean.

Customer:

Hi no dice - all that happened was that the radio jumped to the third pre-set. Am I right in assuming then that bluetooth is not installed on the car?

Mike :

That is what its looking like now then Im afraid - you can verify that by calling / ringing the local dealer - you give them the cars VIN and they can tell you over the phone for 100% sure.. but I would say not thus far then with that...

Mike :

If the answer is a def no - then the best way forward is to have a Parrot BT system installed or similar..

Customer:

That's fine Mike - I usually just dock the phone and plug in through the tape which works well. I was just curious. I will call the dealer and confirm but thanks for your help.

Mike :

The reason you have the phone button - and no phone message - is that it just means no phone is installed-

Mike :

Ok Im glad to have helped.. I do just need you

Mike :

..sorry , need you to please click on the OK ratings if we are done please.

Mike :

That will mean I am credited for helping you today. If there is ever anything else - you are welcome back anytime.

Customer:

Thanks - will do. Best David

Mike :

Thank you David - Kind Rgds to you -- MIKE.

Customer:

Hi Mike sorry the system says that you are still answering for some reason and so is not letting me rate. I don't want to exti this screen in case I can't rate after - next steps?

Mike :

Oh right - the Chat system has changed the last few days -- can I just ask - do you see a OK ratings option?

Mike :

or is it there and greyed out?

Mike :

I tell you what I will do David because Im not seeing any reply from you now - I will switch us to the QA system - out of chat.. then please re try there.. give me a mo..

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi there David..

Just a note to say I see its gone through now-

So Thank You for the excellent rating -

I hope all goes well for you - and you know where I am if there is ever anything else..

All the very best -- MIKE.