Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

hi i have a 2001 xtype and the speedo gets jerky in it movement

Customer Question

hi i have a 2001 xtype and the speedo gets jerky in it movement and then dies more so when the car gets warm and also the abs light is coming on i would be most greatfull if you could give me some hints
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I still need an answer

For my question.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

This is most likely due to the fact the ABS speed sensor is malfunctioning ,this is also for the speedo .

Wheel speed sensor front right or left no 100% sure but with a diagnostic scan on the ABS system you will know which side .

When the speed sensor malfunctions the speedometer will cut out or work
uncontrolled ,this will set off the ABS warning light and in "Some" case trip on the check engine light.

Have a diagnostic scan done and replace or repair the code and then you should be okay .

Don't think you have a serious issue here .

Need further assistance then please get back to me.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg