Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

2000 Stype 3.0 Auto car starts runs great when about 2 miles

Customer Question

2000 Stype 3.0 Auto car starts runs great when about 2 miles the brake pedal feels funny and then feels like something hitting the brake pedal then dsc, traction and abs lights come on but car is fine to drive the brake pedal is ok and does not feel like it did prior to lights coming on.
I changed rear brakes discs and pads and unsiezed offside hbrake at caliper then changed the battery but still have fault however fault is not their when i start the car afterwards.
im having no ;uck any ideas? one other issue there is a delay when changing from reverse to drive again this maybe linked i dont know rgds Ian XXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you on this.

Can you tell me any fault codes you have / what they are?

Plus - please give me the Full reg number of the car -

Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no fault codes come up / the car reg is X414VVW as i said

3.0 auto petrol with LPG done 4 years ago, no sat nav, has phone fitted by Jag when new (startac)

As i said i get a feeling of like a cog going round on (foot) when i press brake pedal(some travel more than normal) then abs traction and warning comes up but as soon as this happens the fault is gone but warning still remains on speedometer.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Ian -

Thank you for the details / I don't see the reg listed in your question which is why I asked for that -

The issue /fault you have is undoubtedly with the ABS system - very often this pulse / odd feeling on the pedal is down to a faulty sensor ( abs ) or pick up... or wiring to one of the sensors... but as you have been working on the brakes, pretty much anything could have happened there Ian - it will have to be checked though to find the issue.

Normally when you have as you do with the fault lights on, the first step is to get a fault code check / test done - that then will point you to the area of the cause / fault. With the fault lights on - there has to be fault codes there. If though you have tested it with no light on -that will be why they are not there -they need to be checked for when the lights come on - that may mean a rolling test ( as you drive - have a passenger run the test )

Again -once you have the fault code that will narrow this down considerably so thats the way forward - whether it be related to the work you have done - or even en a pump / module fault - that is the way.. whatever it is.

But - before you have the test done Ian - check the rear routing of the abs sensor wiring... there is a known / common fault on this model - where the wire to the sensor chaffs on the suspension and rubs through. With movement of the car - when driving, it "contacts" the metal and causes what you have.. so its worth checking that first - check very carefully - both sides - twist the wiring round and inspect it carefully to look for any rubbed areas - and deal with as you find...

If its not that - you really will have to have a code check done as above. You can let me know if you need help if it comes to that - but the machine actually will tell via the code where your fault is again, should it come to that. So one way or the other as above, that will get this sorted out for you Ian.

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi after taking your advice i drove the car and managed to get a fault

code diagnosis i read 5 faults from obd reader but nothing suggests ABS or traction control unless fault is with solonoid which i will need to locate (no idea where it is)

The car had lpg system installed five years ago and runs fine on lpg and petrol

90 fuel pressure regulator 1 central control circuit (don't know where it is)

182 fuel temperature sensor A low input (don't know where this is)

420 CAT BANK 1

430 CAT BANK 2

765 Shift solonoid D malfunction??

I maybe wrong but this is what i could find out about the codes

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Ian -

Ian - whats the fault code reader you are using - make / model etc?

Rgds - MIKE.................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I used an LAUNCH C reader (make) for generic OBD2. Plugs in left side of steering

wheel under dash. The codes only came up once engine management light came on after driving 40 miles with the abs traction light and dcs fault shown over speedo miles.