Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How to change the air filter on a jaguar xf 2700

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I would have thought that this is a simple question for a Jaguar technition I take it I have paid for this? and you dont have an answer? Regards Malc

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello Malc - Welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you .

To explain -its not as you mention above... if there is no one on at the time that works on these vehilces or knows the answer to your / any given question , then the question obviously has to wait until such a time as someone capable is on.

Personally I have had to be off the last few days - so I hope that answers the issue as above re the wait for you.

Please let me know then if you do still need help with this--

If so - is it general info you need or have you come up against a problem ?

Kind Rgds, MIKE.........................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike yes I still could do with some help on how to change the fillter on my Jaguar XF 2700 2009 do I have to take the flow meters of to remove the top to get to the filter Regards Malc

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike I have only just got the car and would like to change the air filter but it looks like I have to take the air filter top case of which looks like I have to remove the 2 air flow meters with it is that correct? Malc

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still waiting for an answer Malc

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Malc -

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you - To explain, I was meant to be back on last eve but there have been system issues and I just could not get back to anyone at all - so, even though that was totally out of my control, I realise its frustrating and I do apologise for that.

So yes re the air filter Malc - to change that - undo/ unclip the electric wire connector to the air meter ( the cylindrical unit in the large piping coming from the air filter body ) - then loosen the pipe band / clip - and pull the pipe out. At the other end of the air filter box lid - unclip the 2 clips you see there -
Then lift the top of the black lid -air filter box lid - and as you do tilt toward the other end ( opp end to the clips - toward the end where the air meter was ) and lift - it then unhooks and comes away - Then you simply take out the old filter -

Clean out any debris in the bottom which may well be there - and then fit your new filter malc.. and re fit all as above in reverse...and that's it. Don't forget to re attach the air meter wire clip - a common mistake !

So that's the way to do that - Once again Malc - my sincere apologies for the delay - I just couldn't get back to you at all until just now.

Let me know if you need anything else at all -

.>> >> > Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me at this point now as that's how Im credited for helping you - "Thank you" in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert