Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I was driving the car yesterday no problems when I returned

Customer Question

I was driving the car yesterday no problems when I returned home the car was idling on my driveway as I was on the phone and the DSC unavailable came up in the screen this was followed by Cats Failure parking brake failure ect. Turned off the car and went to restart and nothing the ignition lights come on but when you depress the foot brake and press the start button nothing happens. disconnected the battery for 1 hour but the same checked all 3 fuse boxes all good tried different smart key no change. tried reset ignition on no brake pedal same errors come up DSC Park Brake Cats when you press the starter nothing, just powers off like I had turned off the car.

I have changed the battery for a new one and checked the terminals to the starter still nothing.

Checked the gear selector is in Park and if I press the park brake with the ignition on before the checks complete it works fine on and off

a little struck at the moment

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?