Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have 2001 S Type 3.0 ltr and the engine shape light has come

Customer Question

I have 2001 S Type 3.0 ltr and the engine shape light has come on. I have just had it serviced but the mechanic cannot find fault.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What does the expert want to know?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Normally what causes this light to come on is a faulty oxygen sensor which is for the emissions and does not affect the way the vehicle runs or drives. The oxygen sensors will need to be ohm tested.