Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Would a 1998 jaguar xj8 (engine number: BC9802091928) be affected

Would a 1998 jaguar xj8 (engine number: BC9802091928) be affected by (plastic) timing chain issues?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you with your query.

Please give me the VIN of the vehicle - that will help me to help you accurately..

Too - do you have any issues -or are you just enquiring as the possibilities?

Kind Rgds, MKE......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Here's the VIN: SAJJHALD3CR835825

I just bought the car and I want to take any preventative measures possible to ensure the car lasts me a long time - without me needing to sell any kidneys!

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello there Errol - My apologies that I could not get straight back to you.

Thank you for your reply and info - that's fine I understand.

The Jaguar that you have with that VIN is outside the range that had these issues and that were covered by the Jaguar TSB at the time.

Thats not to say they cant ever experience any problems of course, just like any other - If you were to ever experience rattling on start up and idle, you should have it checked out. Replacements that Jaguar fitted under the initial campaign and later engines were much improved but again, all components do wear -and that would be a sign to be aware of - but again, on the face of it, yours does not come into the ones that had the known initial problem.

If there is anything more you need or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on... I wil be off now for a time but will be back later should you need anything further-

.>> Meantime ...........Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.