Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

is it a difficult job to fit a new water pump to my 2003 s

is it a difficult job to fit a new water pump to my 2003 s type jag
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you with your enquiry -

Please for now just tell me where you are up to -if you have started it... and then we can progress from there -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.......................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not started yet,I would just like to know the sequence of removal of water pump ,I would appreciate your speedy reply.

Thanking you

Robin
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Robin -

Thank you for your reply..

Okay - its not a terrible job but will require some mechanical expertise and and a decent array of tools..

I will give you an outline / overview of the task in hand to help you - there are variances that you may see in the instructions per exact Vin number of model / version but this will help you fine -

Raise the vehicle on ramps or whatever you have - be sure its safe.
1. Remove the accessory drive belt.
2. Drain the cooling system.
For additional information, refer to Cooling System Draining, Filling and Bleeding
3. Remove the secondary air injection (AIR) control valve.

4. Lower the vehicle.

5. NOTE: This bracket retains the evaporative emission cannister purge valve.

Remove the intake manifold support bracket.

Then go ahead and remove the various obvious hoses - remove the fan shroud as fitted. Remove the pipes off the pump itself.

Click this link HERE which I have uploaded for you which now shows the actual pump once you are at it working through as above - that shows the bolts to remove -

Fit your new pump in complete reverse order of removal.

Tighten the pump bolts to 25Nm ( torque )

Finally refill the cooling system - bleed it as you go. Use a 50-50 mix of water and antifreeze - and thats the job done.

If there is anything more you need or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

.>> Meantime ...........Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert