Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

jag s type I have a problem with central locking keeps locking

jag s type I have a problem with central locking keeps locking & unlocking I can lock all doors except drivers door with key fob, now my passenger door will not open not even
manualy I purchased a drivers door actuator but was not problem
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello Terry and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you on this..

I note the situation and what you have done already ... By far the most common cause of this on this vehicle is either with the issue as outlined HERE -- click on that link to view the info there.. or - its a wiring issue.

With the latter, what you get - usually in the drivers door but not restricted to, is a chaff with the wires - either in the door - or where they run from the car body through the tube to the door... That will all need to be carefully checked if you rule the above issue out to find the fault.

What happens is the wires move - make / break contact and cause the locks to to as you describe.

One other cause though not as a common , is a plain sticky door lock - on any of the locks on the system. What happens then is, when actuated - one of them isn't fully actuated / in position , so it then causes the system to "operate" - thus flicking the locking system into action - as you have. So I mention that -just in case for you ...

So you will need to work through the above to get this issue resolved. It is time consuming unless you hit on the fault straight away. The other option - which will cost of course but does save a lot of time, is to have a Jaguar place plug in a diagnostic machine - This will tell you what area the fault is in - what part of the car - that is although a cost option ,an option that would find the fault / cause quickly for you - whether it be a wiring / lock or module fault etc... Either way, those are the ways forward for you on this to get to the bottom of this for you.

If there is anything more you need or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

.>> Meantime ...........Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds Terry , MIKE.