Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 09 X type Jaguar and having trouble at times putting

Customer Question

I have a 09 X type Jaguar and having trouble at times putting alarm on its justs beep and will not allow setting. Red lights shows saying door is open. Can you help? Thank you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you / advise on this issue.

Different faults on this model are known to cause what you have - I will explain.

By far the most common / known fault with this model is a fault with the door lock mechanism - inside the drivers door.

Basically to explain, what happens is, the door will shut and lock ( although when they get worse, they wont lock/ lock / unlock etc on their own! )...but then as you say, it does as yours is doing - and this is because the lock isn't fully actuating.

Sometimes, if its just that the lock mechanism has gone sticky / partially seizing , a good clean with the likes of WD40 will cure it - but if not, a new lock is usually needed to cure that issue that you have.

I'll just mention too that sometimes this is a wiring fault - the wiring that comes from the body of the car through the tubing to the door, can chaff and cause a short every now and then - this then will cause this issue too - that should always be checked.

Those are the very common issues with this - Of course a fault such as the above can occur on any of the door lock / wiring areas on the car - but again, the above is common.

What you can do if you would like is to have a Jaguar garage -or other garage with suitable equipment, plug in their diagnostic equipment to the cars OBD socket. While this will cost a test / check fee - typically around a half to an hours labour cost, it will find the fault and narrow it right down to the correct area on the car - this can save hours of checking - I mention it just in case you would prefer to do that.

So one way or the other - that is the way forward on this now to get this fault sorted for you.

- By all means let me know how you get on / or if you need anything more at all on this.....

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Angela -

This is MIKE who answered your question as above - Im just checking in with you to see if you need anything more at all - Please do let me know if you need anything - Or - if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to now at this point , click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me please as that is how Im credited for helping you - Thank you again.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.