Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

XFSV8 2008 Low mileage FJSH This car has been a joy to drive

XFSV8 2008
Low mileage FJSH This car has been a joy to drive for the past three years but has recently developed an intermittent fault on touchscreen- flicks jaguar log on and off but does not proceed to home screen. Problem Started April 14 after car left for 2 weeks while on hols- taken to jag dealership ?screen ?wiring. booked for further investigation but screen started working again all functions normal. Worked normally for six weeks until further holiday. Screen off again after holiday, came back on for one day and now been off for two weeks. Had new battery fitted but no help. Jag dealer thinks needs new screen, but I am not sure how it works intemittently if screen is main problem.
any help or advice appreciated.
many thanks
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ken and Welcome -

My name is***** happy to help / advise you with this issue.

Its always possible there is a fault with the unit or the wiring / circuit but its unlikely to be honest..

It sounds like actually the problem you have Ken has been caused by the fact that the car sat for the two weeks you mention -and then the start up dropped the battery static voltage ( as is common after a time like that ) and this has affected / corrupted the software on the unit - causing what you have.

Indeed, there are Jaguar TSB's ( Technical service bulletins that Jaguar dealers are given ) relating to just this type of fault - outlining the problem.

I doubt the dealer will struggle to be honest -but FYI, the Tsb Im referring was dated June 11.. and outlined the fix for this issue - and that is a re installation of the computer software for the unit.. This can only be done at a Jaguar dealer you will need to take it in if the fault re occurs and explain the above to them.

I note you have had a new battery fitted -and that was a good move..I would have suggested it to stop this happening again... but that as above is the most likely issue you have Ken, rather than an actual fault , in line with the Jaguar thats the way forward on this one now..

- By all means let me know how you get on / or if you need anything more at all on this.....

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On the strength of your report I took my car to a different Jag dealer and within two minutes they had identified the TSB you referred to and arranged for my car to go in next week to have the unit re-programmed, which hopefully will solve the problem.

Many thanks for your expert advice which was spot on, and saved me a shedload of money!

kind regards

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Ken -

Thank you for your message - You are very welcome.. I hope all goes ok for you.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Thank you for using myself and justanswer - If there is ever anything else, you know where I am..

Best Rgds, MIKE.