Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

clicking from dash board on jaguar x type

Customer Question

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you on this concern.

Noises per se- by their very nature, can be difficult for us to trace down on line for obvious reasons so I need to ask you some questions to help in tracing this issue for you...

Before we progress - can you tell me if the clicking noise is present under any specific circumstances - ie - operating any specific equipment.. heater controls etc....?

Too - can you tell what area of the dash things comes from - ie, centre - air vents - cluster area etc....?

Did this come on suddenly / gradually etc - or after any work or anything has been done?

Kind Rgds, MIKE....................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

from the dash dials the speed dash started over a week ago comes and goes

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again David..

Thank you for your reply / further info..

I'm that case -if the clicking is coming from the dash cluster/ speedo - that is generally indicative of a worn / faulty speedo clock unit.. The only answer to that us to have that either repaired or replaced.

You can of course have a replacement from / via any Jaguar dealer but these units are not at all cheap...

Another alternative is to send the dash cluster unit away for repair - there are companies that specialise in the repair / reconditioning of these units for such faults - You can find them advertising on the net or I can give you a contact should you wish. It is considerably cheaper to have your own unit repaired - plus it has the added advantage of then you still retain the cars mileage as displayed - and too, there are no coding in costs that are needed with a replacement.

So thats the issue you have given what you have outlined David and the way forward for you to have this sorted out..

If there is anything more by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again David..

I have a notification that you have replied to me - after the answer I gave you as showing above.... but.. I see nothing at all written there -

This could be a glitch - if you did send me a reply - please re type / re send it -and Im happy to help...

Or - if we are done, per the way justanswer works, please at this point click on the OK / Excellent ratings for me now - Thank you very much David -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.