Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

jaguar x type 3.0 2002 the a/c switch heated front and rear

jaguar x type 3.0 2002 the a/c switch heated front and rear window and recirculating switch not working heater controls on one temp setting and cannot change the direction of airflow eg floor or windscreen. the engine light is on and the guy I bought the car off said it was a fault code of P100 he claims this happened after the car was jump started. I have only just bought the car and someone has reversed into the front spoiler and cracked it so I cannot take the car back. please help,
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal no I still need help from an expert. I do not mind waiting thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You have taken £26 out of my account but an expert has not answered my question if you cannot answer my question I feel you should refund my fee. Thank you

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to have an experts help. Thank you

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you cannot find an expert do you refund my fee

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you .. Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question..

Before we progress - the fault code you have is not valid... are you sure it was that - or would it have had another zero..??

Plus - will you be doing the work as needed or would you be using a garage?

Also - please give me the cars Full reg -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.....................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The fault code is P1000 which I understand is a self check that cannot be completed I have also changed the climate control unit which has not had any affect The reg. is LW02FZA If it is not too complicated I will do it if not there is a local jaguar garage I have used before. The climate control unit is second hand the guy that removed said it was working ok

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again- Thank you for your reply and further info..

Ok - you have a couple of separate issues here.

There is a known issue / fault with this model whereby water / rain gets into the wiring / connectors for the window demist system - that then needs to be physically checked for that and then sorted as found depending on what is found - extent of the corrosion etc - up under the dash. Details of what is usually found to be needed for that repair are as follows :
DescriptionPart numberQuantity
Harness multi-plug C2S 44939 2

As for the air flow direction - that can be a control panel fault but is more likely to be a blend door or motor issues. Small motors operate the blend doors ( flaps) which alter the direction of the air flow... that would need physical checking and voltage checking at the motors - though sometimes they can be heard clicking when you operate them indicating the blend doors stuck. Deepening on what is found on checking will decide what exactly needs doing - Its hard to say just what but it will be one or the other.

The code P1000 means "system readiness not completed "... This is not a "fault" per se - it will clear when the car has been driven a certain amount of times...or should... then P1111 would be found. Again, thats not a fault code .. thats normal.

If you cannot get the P1000 to clear a different code reading machine wil need to be used - better / nearer dealer level to deal with that - With the engine light on, its either that there is a fault yet masked by the P1000 or its flagging that because the P1000 will not reset - therefore the Ecu cycle wont complete. Again this can be cleared by a better machine....certainly a Jaguar dealer can sort that easily for you.

So that - those are the ways forward for you on this one now....

Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could you give me any information as to where the connector is eg offside nearside. Thanks for your time

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again..

Thank you for your reply...

I will have a look in the schematics see if I can find that for you - if so I will get back to you with it asap if thats ok..

Best Rgds, MIKE.