Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have recently had the overdrive on my MK2 rebuilt and it

I have recently had the overdrive on my MK2 rebuilt and it would engage but stick in.
On two occasions it thumped when I reversed. I have had the solenoid replaced as it was burnt out. Is it safe to operate it now?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is***** happy to help / advise...

You ask is it safe to operate now... after renewal of the solenoid, if its not doing as it was - ie, thumping into reverse, then yes, it will be fine.

Im assuming its had new transmission fluid etc while you have had the work done - IF not, then I would suggest that ... but other than that , it certainly sounds as though you are ok now then... Certainly the solenoid would cause / cure that with a new one.

Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.