Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hello Im trying to dodge a very expensive jaguar main dealer

Customer Question

I'm trying to dodge a very expensive jaguar main dealer fix for a faulty BCM. They want to replace it with a brand new one for my XK8 1997. But i'm wondering would it be possible to buy a second hand one (same age & part number) to replace it instead.
Can any one help
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE.. Im happy to help / advise you...

Yes you can fit / use a 2nd hand Bcm.... you will have to have it programmed by a dealer or garage that has the suitable equipment for functions to work such as your central locking etc...

But yes- fitting a second hand unit will save you a considerable sum... thats what most people do to be honest...

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - If you need anything else at all - by all means get back to me -

****** >> Meantime >>>
Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.