Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

we have an S type jaguar its a 4ltr 8 cylinder and anytime

Customer Question

we have an S type jaguar it's a 4ltr 8 cylinder and anytime between reaching approx 49ml per hour to 59ml per hour, the engine misses terribly, it has been to several garages to find out what is happening and nobody can fix it, it's been to Jaguar in Shrewsbury more than once, they've changed the coils but the problem is still there, do you have any idea what the problem is please.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise --

Sorry to see you have had a wait -

Ok - so - before we progress- can you please tell me has any other parts etc been changed in a bid to cure this?

Do you get any warn lights come on at all when this happens or when driving?

Do you have any fault codes from the system at all?

How did this come about - ? Can you give me any background at all.....?

What is the cars mileage and Full reg number...

What is the cars service / recent repair history ? ( other than the above / coils etc )

When I hear back from you we can carry on -

Kind Rgds, MIKE................................