Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi Matt I wish to purchase a OBD diagnostic system to see

Customer Question

Hi Matt
I wish to purchase a OBD diagnostic system to 'see' what is going on in my two cars, XKR 1999 XJ8 2002 as an engineer as yourself I wish to delve into the system not just read the codes. I have two possibilities Auto Enginuity or Autologic diagnostics, though if you have another alternative I would be interested in hearing of it. Have you any recommendations?
Paul
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

This is MIKE - I have been asked to help you - Sorry to see you have had a wait..

Pre 2000 you never have the best of diagnostic capabilities simply due to the older style software in the Ecu - so where you can do an amazing amount of things on later cars - such as actuate switches / sensors / pumps /lights and so on, you are restricted on the older models... even early 2000 years...

However, I do know of a company that will be able to supply you with the best bet tool - I feel rather than discuss the ins and outs ( though Im more than happy to do so and help ).. if you speak directly with these people, they will be able to supply you with the best tool for your application -- Ive used them before and do trust them with what they say..

So the link to them is HERE-- Give them a call or email and Im sure they will help you with what you need best..

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meantime - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike

I have talked with Gendan and they were very helpful and I have gone for AutoEnginuity, thanks for your help.

Paul