Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Intermitant fault transmission light comes on, the car has

Customer Question

Intermitant fault transmission light comes on, the car has been left standing in a garage for three years, have had it checked out only to be told that the problem is not mechanical it's electrical ??????gear box has done approx 5000miles.............
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still require assistance/answer.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm wondering how long this will take, according to your advert it shouldn't take that long..................or is this a scam ??

Unfortunately I am unable to give you a timescale as I need to locate the right Professional to assist you.
However if you would prefer for me to close your question and reverse your charges I can do that for you.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.

Hi .

Do you have the malfunction code ,

If the transmission warning light is ON then you do have a malfunction with one of the electrical or mechanical parts .

This failure will be stored in the TCM ,if you can get me the code then i would be able to help you further with this issue .

Kindest regards Greg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apologies for not responding sooner, returned home family bereivement.,

I'll try and get the code you reqire............