Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

X-type saloon no face vent heating or cooling. The ac and heating

X-type saloon no face vent heating or cooling. The ac and heating work fine on screen etc, just no face vents. It worked fine until a week ago, then just stopped.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shantal, I would appreciate it if you could continue to try to get me an answer from a professional if possible.
Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mac and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise -

Before we progress - do you get any error messages at all in the display with regard to this...?

Also - do you have any of your own diagnostic equipment ?

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike, regret that no error messages at all, and sorry but I do not have any diagnostic gear. Basic spanner and hammer man I'm afraid!
Rods
Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Mac -

Thank you for your reply - and info.. ;)

Im afraid you likely know what Im going to say now... that you need plug in diagnostic equipment for this particular fault -

The issue with this Mac is that on that vehicle, with the year that it is, the system is all electronic- I actually do suspect that the fault is with the blend doors or the blend doors motors / mechanism-- they break (physically ) on the blend doors cogs ( flaps) and / or, the motors that drive them , fail... and you get what you have there...

There's two options- you could look up under the dash Mac and see what you can see-- basically operating the system back and forth and watch to see if you can see whats happening with the blend doors - or whats not happening - but you may be able to see... Too - you can physically check the circuits with a multimeter for a power/ motor fault... or... second option - is to have a plug in diag done - and that will tell you -via fault codes, exactly where the fault is - even if its not as I suspect... ie- it could be a control panel fault etc.... The comfort system Ecu / computer does store fault codes for these types of faults- Any good local garage that has the correct equipment can do this for you - as can of course, any Jag dealer - but should you choose to use a local garage - a tip is to ask them first - that they have the correct equipment - to deal with the "body modules"...not just engine management,.... as many make that mistake--

So thats what you have here Mac- Im sorry its not straightforward - those are the options/ ways forward for you on this to get this fixed for you now Mac...

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert