Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

There's a light in Amber on the dash saying cruise not working

There's a light in Amber on the dash saying cruise not working and traction control sign is lit,comes on when I been in car 10 mins or so
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise with this issue -

Can I just ask - have any actual plug in tests been carried out ? Any actual fault codes retrieved / given you ?

Rgds - MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes they have but I don't understand them, Ie.p1696-00'adaptive speed control CAN link a.s.c.fail.....c1287-00 abs,booster pedal force switch-circuit failure.......c1777-00 vacuum pressure-circuit failure....u1262-00 a com scp(j1850) communications bus fault...????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Philip -
Thank you for your reply and further info...

Just further to that then - because it can make a difference - was it the Jaguar garage that ran the fault code test for you - or an independent? I just need to be sure on that before we progress -

Also - can you give me the cars last 7 digits of the VIN - and the FULL reg please - that helps me ID the exact systems that particualr car has -

Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi mike,it was done by an independent...the vin last 6 are goo364 reg is C5 PEC.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry.last 7 digits are TGOO364

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

-Hello again Philip -

My apologies, I was off over the weekend..

I asked about who did it because it didnt make a lot of sense what you had been told and that they didn't know what was wrong - a dealer with specific plug in equipment would have got to the bottom of this quite quickly see-

I suspect that you have the TCS - the Traction control system - basically from what you have said - and that in itself will knock off the CC - cruise system.

Now - the root fault can be as simple as a wiring or switch / sense fault - but - the codes you have there -if they are at all relevant, are for the CANBUS system - thats the wiring essentially -It only takes a break or bad connection in that system that will cause all of this....

Given the "odd" codes you have there - I would strongly suggest to have the codes read by a Jaguar dealer at least - it may be obvious straight off what the fault is then - and they can fix it -or you could choose armed with the correct codes etc, have it tended to elsewhere - but again - this, if it is a CAN issue is down to as above - it will then need to be literally traced down - and this is not too bad for a garage with the correct equipment for the cars systems to be honest.

We see this a lot theses days - garages using either incorrect equipment or more commonly wrong software in the equipment and you end up no where or if anywhere - down a blind alley... So I strongly suggest you have it looked at as above Philip - the starting point is the proper code read - then you will get this sorted without too much trouble...

Once again, my sincere apologies for the delay Philip -

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.