Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

HI,I OWN JAGUAR XF 2013 IT CAME FROM A JAG DEALER WITH 19000

Customer Question

HI,I OWN JAGUAR XF 2013 IT CAME FROM A JAG DEALER WITH 19000 MILES IT HAD ALL NEW TYRES AND WHEELS WHICH I THAUGH WAS ODD, THE STEERING WAS ALWAYS VAGUE AND NOISEY LIKE WORN O/S FRONT HUB BEARING, I TOOK IT TO A TYRE SERVICE TO CHECK PRESSURS,AND THEY FOUND INNER EDGE OF O/S FRONT TYRE WORN PAST LEGAL LIMET AND N/S ALMOST AS BAD THESE TYRES HAVE DONE ABOUT 5/6000 TYEY SAID TO TAKE IT BACK TO JAG DEALER AS IT WAS BADLY OUT OF TRACK OR WERSE !, I SPOKE TO THE DEALER AND BOOKED IT IN FOR CHECK NEXT WEEK TYRE SIZE 255/35/20, I SPOKE TO MY LOCAL GARAGE THEY SAID THEY HAD HEARD THE SAME STORY BEFORE ABOUT FX TYRE WEAR AND THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A FAULT AND TO GET IT FIXED BY DEALER AND TRY A SLIGHTLY LARGER TYRE NEXT TIME, 265/35/20 FOR BETTER RIDE AND LAST LONGER. HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM BEFORE, AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT LARGER TYRES.
BEST REGARDS REG
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Reg,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Reg,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello Reg

I'd agree that getting a 4 wheel alignment is a good idea as there are a lot of suspension links on this car and its quite possible its been set up incorrectly

A 4 wheel alignment measures all four wheels independently and each is set -up without referring to each other.

fitting a taller tyre will increase the ride comfort and also allow a little more give in the tyre which helps accomodate small errors in the suspension setup and the small increase in diameter is only 1% so you won't make any real change to the gearing or speedo reading

so I'd agreee that its a worhtwhile modification
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help with this?