Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Warning panel says "parking brake fault". Cannot drive cart

Customer Question

Warning panel says "parking brake fault". Cannot drive cart as parking brakes are on. How can i release Parking Brake. removing "parking brake axctuator fuse" does not work !
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

You may have a problem with the parking brake motor or module. It can also be low battery voltage on start up.

1st try recharging the battery just in case the voltage dips low on start up and also disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for 10 minutes to try to reset the system.

Make sure you have your radio security code before disconnecting the battery.

Then reconnect it and start the engine.

It will say "Apply park brake" on the message center.

Pump the brakes then while holding your foot on the brake pedal pull up on the park brake switch handle.

This should reset the brake and once reconnected you will have to relearn the windows. To do this press and hold the window switches in the down position and hold them there for 2 seconds.

Then press and hold the window switches in the up position until all the windows are closed. Then hold the switch in the up position for another 2 seconds and the auto up should be relearned.

You may have to perform this reset more than once.