Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Good evening and Happy New Year. I have a 2007 Jaguar XJ

Customer Question

Good evening and Happy New Year.
I have a 2007 Jaguar XJ Sovereign LWB (X300). WHEN THE ENGINE IS COLD AND DRIVE THE CAR IS FINE BUT ONCE SHE GETS WARM I HAVE A VIBRATION ON PICK UP. I HAD THE TORQUE CONVERTOR CHANGED AT 165.000 MILES AND THE CAR HAS NOW DONE 235.000 MILES. SHE RUNS THROUGH THE GEARS SMOOTHLY AND HAVE BEEN TOLD BY JAGUAR DEALERSHIPS THAT IT IS THE GEARBOX BUT I HAVE ALSO SENT THE CAR TO JAGUAR SPECIALISTS AND THEY THINK IT MIGHT BE THE TORQUE CONVERTOR. I HAVE HAD A NEW PROP SHAFT FITTEDCAN YOU PUT ANY LIGHT ON THIS PROBLEM THAT I HAVE
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

if its only vibrating on acceleration

then I'd 1st check for worn mountings - check the tightness of the engine and gearbox mounts and their condition - this is best done by using a jack to take the weight of the engine off the mounts and seeing if any cracks or splits open up in the rubber.Also check the tightness of the mounts bolts

if this is OK then the ne
xt step is to drain the transmisson fluid off - open the unit up and clean the filters inside -- refill and retry it..

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help with this?