Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an s type no heat in the cockpit where do I look ?

Customer Question

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like to close your question?
,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish to continue to search to assist you or would you
like to close your question at this time?
Thank you patience,
,
Please understand it is rare not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

I'd first check that the engine is getting up to temperature, if its not then its likely the thermostat needs changing.
If this is OK have a feel of the two coolant pipes that pass into the car through the engine bay bulkhead, both should be warm with a warm engine. If they're not then its likely the heater matrix is blocked and you should do a reverse flush on the cooling system to try and clean it out. This is done by removing the top hose from the radiator and placing a garden hose into the engine water outlet, and then run the hose until you get clean water coming out of the radiator.
If this doesn't help this only leaves checking out the motor / cable that move the air mixing flap that allows the hot air from the matrix to enter the car air system.

This flap is controlled by the temperature knob / dial etc and I think is controlled with a small motor car so the thing to do is first get access to the back of the control knob and measure the voltages is present there, then trace the wiring back into the dash from the control to locate the motor.

It’s worth first checking the fuses fan / control circuit

I'd recommend first removing the glove box ( undo lower edge hinges from dash) to gain access to the dashboard inner and also allow you to shine a torch to the back of the central console so you can start tracing the wire back and see how things are put together
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help with this?