Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

,Jaguar XF 2008 2.7D. The power failed during driving and

Customer Question

Jaguar XF 2008 2.7D. The power failed during driving and car wont function. I have two codes: Lost comms with Dynamics Control Module and Lost comms with Transmission Control Module.
The 'rising' rotary gear knob will not rise up.
Any suggestions on the two Fault Codes U0122 & U101B?
Kind regards,
Frank
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Frank,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

Many thanks for your reply to my situation. I realise that todays cars have the potential to develop more electronic than mechanical problems and as such create a wider field of diagnosis. With my car being a Jaguar and having little in the way of mechanical aids (even the handbrake is electronic) I thought I might get lucky with my question. It would appear not. In this case I have booked my car into an Auto-electrician workshop.

Therefore, I would be grateful to you not to charge any of my accounts. But, I shall not hesitate to use your services in the future should I have the need.

Once again, many thanks.

Kind regards,

Frank XXXXXX