Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

, I've got a Jag xf 3ltr 2008, on closing my boot, the boot

Hi, I`ve got a Jag xf 3ltr 2008, on closing my boot, the boot refuses to open, on the dash it warns that the boot is open, I`ve tried everything I can think of, no success. Also, I cannot lock the car, would really appreciate any advice as to how I can put this right, thank you in anticipation, regards, ***** *****

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you .. Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

Since there has been some time elapsed since you asked your question, please bring me up to date / tell me exactly what you have done / tried so far / meantime - then we can progress...

Rgds, MIKE...................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike, my daughter closed the boot and thinking it was not closed properly, pushed with all her weight trying to force it closed, since then I cannot open the boot by normal means, on the dash it states boot open, as a result of this, I cannot lock the car. I`ve opened the boot with the insert from the smart key, however when I close the boot everything goes back to what I`ve previously mentioned, the car drives normal with the dash displaying boot open all the time, would appreciate any help you can offer, cheers.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again...

My sincere apologies, I could not be on yesterday..

With that additional info , it seems you most likely have a failed lock / latch.. the mech on the landing panel / where the boot lock latches into... This would certainly account for one, the boot not latching for your daughter on the first attempt.. and then too, the tell tale light telling you its not shut -even it it is.

You will need to investigate this further some... On occasion you can get a wiring fault to the lock on these but your symptoms do suggest a faulty.. or sometimes, just a "loose" lock / latch.

If you remove the plastic trim surrounding the latch mechanism.. thats where to start to see what you can see.. again - sometimes its just come loose on its fixings and you can realign and re tighten. If its not that , its often broke inside which will mean a new lock latch needed.

If there is nothing wrong found on there - the next step is to investigate the same but on the latch mech on the boot itself.

Let me know if you need anything else at all.. If you do get back to me, I will get back to you asap thereafter. I will be on later if you do need anything.

>>> Meantime , please do now at this point, click on the "Excellent ratings" for me... I really appreciate that and Thank you....

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert