Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Jaguar S type odometer reads in Kilometres but originally miles,

Customer Question

Jaguar S type odometer reads in Kilometres but originally miles, it change of its own accord?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To Shantal-Mod,

Hi, yes I would like to continue to wait for an answer. All I can find in the handbook is that the odometer changes the figures to what it considers appropriate. Absolute rubbish a simple switch would be much simpler.

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Hello Malcolm,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Malcolm and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you with this - - Sorry to see you have had a wait.
Malcolm, you should have a switch which is located under the dimmer control for the lights - this switch operates the changeover - miles to kilom and vice versa..
A lot of people don't know its there -
So try that .. IF it still plays up after that - you have a fault with the module / cluster , which you would then need help with by way of a dealer -or someone that repairs these . I would strongly suggest though that if you should have this problem - have a plug in test done first to be sure of which module is at fault..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
Meantime -- Please do click on the "Exc rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.