Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2005 s type r 4.2 supercharged jaguar I have been

Hi I have a 2005 s type r 4.2 supercharged jaguar I have been experiencing loss of braking assistance and was rod it was the servo I had the servo replaced today but I still have the same problem have you any suggestions. Thank you
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello OkI'd next check the condition of the vacuum hose between the servo and the engine, this has a 1 way valve inside the hose and if this is sticking then you'd get a lack of brake assistance, also any leaks or cracks in the hose and it should be replaced also check where it plugs into the inlet manifold as this point also needs to be leak tight
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hi

do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have replaced the pipe and had the servo vacuum tested and it holds the vacuum fine but still have no assistance when braking any further suggestions
Clive
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello Clive I'd next check that if you remove the vacuum hose from the engine, with it running do you get a vacuum at the engine / manifold connection pipe?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a vacuum coming from the manifold I read online an article saying the sensors from the pedal need calibrating do you know what this means
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello there is a booster / pedal travel sensor which is used to help control the ABS and turn the brake lights etc but this has no control over the assistance of the brakes, that is entirely mechanical I'd say the next step is to check that the brake pads aren't worn down and if they are OK then bleed the system of any air and if that doesn' t help consider replacing the master cylinder