Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

The dsc warning comes on as I drive then I stop the car restart

The dsc warning comes on as I drive then I stop the car restart the dsc warning goes of then the engine light comes on it Amber then after a while the engine light goes off then the car may run for a week then for no reason the dsc warning will come on again. Any idea is what the problem is
Phil
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
This is MIKE as requested - Sorry for the wait.
- Before we progress Phil - are you getting anything on the written / text display with regard to the fault - any error text?
Plus - have you had any plug in tests done at all as yet - ?
Rgds, MIKE.....................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike
When the faulty occurs it comes up no dsc available , limited performance' then I just switch off the engine and restart and the faulty usually goes off, but the engine management light stays on in amber for a few more stop starts, I have not had any plug in tests done
Phil
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello there Phil - Sorry I missed you last eve..Ok - the DSC stands for Driving stability control - system.. As such, this is operated essentially by sensors on the wheels- the ABS ( anti lock brake ) sensors.If the car wheels spin at all - such as on wet or snow etc - or "spirited" driving - that can cause the DSC lamp to come on - and in such circumstances it will go off again. That's normal.But if its not coming on as described above - and just coming on while normal driving, In that case where the DSC is on and staying on - and the Engine system fault light and / or message has come up - this means the PCM ( management computer ) on the car has seen the fault - whatever it / wherever it is - one of the sensors etc - logged it.. in the fault code memory - What you generally have to do Phil now is have a plug in diagnostic test done... this will scan the fault log on the PCM as above - it will retrieve the relevant fault codes - which are then used to ID / trace exactly whats causing the issues - be it, a sensor fault and so on - and then it can be attended to... Just one thing before you do that -- check the tyres - if you have odd tyres per chance on - or unequal pressures or, uneven wear, that can be a cause / contributory factor - so check on those...first before organizing any fault code test as that can be all that's causing it.. When such is corrected, the faults won't reappear. But other than that - you need to do as above to get this sorted. Any Jaguar dealer can do this for you - and a lot of smaller type garages have this equipment should you wish to use on locally - but it does need the equipment Im afraid to do as above.. as most owners don't possess such equipment, I have to advise as above to get this sorted for you -Do get back to me though if you need anything else on this at all ----Kind Rgds - MIKE..>>>..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert