Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

JAG XJ SPORT WARNUNG LIGHT ON 3RD GEAR ONLY WILL

JAG XJ SPORT WARNUNG LIGHT ON FOR GEARBOX 3RD GEAR ONLY
WILL CHANGING ATF & FILTER BE THE ANSWER ?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
What you have there then is the transmission is in LHM - limo mode invoked by the TCM ( trans control module)
This could yes be that it needs a flush / filter and fluid change - it could even be that its just low on fluid - either way, it needs to be checked.
You need to check / have checked to see if the fluid is smelling bad to - if its black / smells bad / burned - thats an indication of bigger troubles...
You can also have it fault code read - that will tell you by means of fault codes, just what the problem is. Any Jaguar dealer can do this for you or any garage with the equipment.
If it comes to repairs, I would recommend you use a local Auto specialist..who will be more knowledgeable and cheaper than general garages for you.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Mike,OBD shows fault P0732 2nd gear---incorrect ratio.What does this indicate Many Thanks JIM.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there jim -
Thank you for your reply.
Its a little difficult to be specific as the root cause of that code Jim - its meaning essentially that the gear wont select / hold..hence "incorrect ratio".. this can be an adjustment issue on the gear selectors - doubtful on this model but worth checking.. or, and more likely, an internal fault - broke part that sort of thing.
Again - a local Auto Specialists is your best bet for this Jim - either way for them, its not a difficult task..and they will be cheaper all round.
All the very best with it Jim - Best Rgds, MIKE.
“I’m glad to have responded successfully to the trust you placed in JustAnswer. I would be very proud to have your opinion shown publicly as a sign of good service to other customers.
To give your opinion, just visit the link below:
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/justanswer.co.uk
Thank you very much.”