Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Manual switch only works on number 6 1to5does not work

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise..
This is typical of heater motor "resistor" failure... the switch and the motor itself is invariably ok with this fault..
To explain :
Typical symptoms are that the motor will only work on the highest setting (6) - this is because the motor runs full power then at that setting - not being fed with power through the resistor...which cuts the power to the motor...to run it at slower speeds.
So - you need to replace the heater motor "resistor"..to cure this.
Copy this link into your browser to see the part you need to cure your issue.. : http://www.amcarparts.co.uk/part/heaterresistorpack/jaguar/X-TYPE/2001/Manual-4-door-Saloon/3.0-SE
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.