Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

1994 XJS parking break in stuck on. The handlever just flops

1994 XJS parking break in stuck on. The handlever just flops about implying that the wire is rusted up (?) Can I cut is somewhere to release the car to go into the workshop?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
It does sound like this is what has happened - sometimes though it can be on one of the levers that operate the rear brakes - one or both so you need to check those - you can operate them manually with a lever / bar.. or tap back and too with a hammer.. This will usually free it off whether its one of the levers or indeed the cable at some point in its run.
If you intend to cut the cable, the best place is at the back end of the run - but I would check as above first as that would be a better method.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you have a diagram where the levers are?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again John -
My sincere apologies for the delay , Im afraid Ive had to be off for a few days.
Where are you up to with it now John?
Rgds, MIKE............................