Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I've got a problem with the touch screen unit on my 2008

Hi I've got a problem with the touch screen unit on my 2008 XKR convertible - the unit will not switch on and when the ignition is switched off the Jaguar logo stays on instead of turning to Black - can you help please
Tim
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Tim and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Before we progress with this Tim - can you please tell me more..
Eg - was anything done/ any work etc to the car prior to this occurring ? or did it just happen out the blue so to speak?
What exactly have you done/ tried / checked so far-- ?
Please reply here - once I receive your reply and info , I will get back to you asap thereafter -
Kind Rgds, MIKE.........................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It just happened out of the blue Mike

it has not happened before - that said there has been the odd electrical glitch before which has sorted itself e.g. electric seat controls not responding.

have tried switching ignition on and off a few times and left it for a while but to no avail.

Tim

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Tim -
Thank you for your reply.
Ok - as you say - these motors do tend to throw up some queer things from time to time - this can be another one.
The best way forward on this Tim is to try a re boot of the system.
What you need to do to so this is as follows -
Remove the keys from the car...
Then access the car battery - remove the two battery cables from the battery - bring them away from the battery - and connect the two of them together - link with a wire for a good connection. Then leave them like that for approx one our ( no less ).. more / longer doesn't harm anything.. then after than - reconnect them back to the battery - and then re try it ..
If all is well it will have re booted / reset and be ok...
IF not - then Im afraid it can mean the unit has developed an internal fault that is going to need actual repair - Then if thats the case, I would suggest have a Jag dealer or Independent Jag garage check it with their plug in equipment - and then go from there.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.