Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Locked keys in boot X Type Jag 2002. Has the jag got a internal

Customer Question

Locked keys in boot X Type Jag 2002. Has the jag got a internal release if not what do I do.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise -
I note you haven't been back to check on your question yet - you are welcome to get back to me anytime.
There are a couple of ways forward on this.. One is to get a locksmith to it but that can turn expensive.
The other two ways are common to the locked keys in boot issue on this model - One is to break out the left rear light unit.. it does demolish the light and you would require a new unit after - once the lamp unit is broken out- you can then reach in and manually trigger the latch to open the boot.
The other way is to remove the rear number plate and drill a hole in the boot skin adjacent to where the lock mech is - you can then use a screwdriver or such like to reach in and trigger the lock to open the boot.
Im sorry there is not any other way / no switch in the car or emergency release as there are on US models.. so those are the ways on this as above.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.