Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

XJ X350 Warning message saying cruise control not working

XJ X350 Warning message saying cruise control not working . Switch off engine and restart all ok. air suspension fault warning comes on whilst driving but everything appears ok Message gone next day. Drove 850 miles no message then appeared after 5 miles next day.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help/ advise..As Im sure you will understand, faults that show up so intermittently can be difficult to find - but common faults with these issues are, with the CC not working, this can be the sensor that is fitted in the front of the car - just behind the grill. If that goes down/ fails, you will get no CC working... As for the suspension fault similar applies - but, this can be totally seperate.. there are several sensors on the air suspension on these and really and truly, the only way to find which of these is playing up ( or any other fault in the system from a switch to the compressor ) is to have a plug in fault code scan done.The module that has overall control of these systems stores / logs the faults as they occur as fault codes...so a plug in code reader is needed - which plugs into the vehicles OBD socket to retrieve these codes - which in turn, show where to be looking to cure the issues / faults that are occuring.Just one tip , I would say as the faults are so intermittent - try and get it checked ( code read ) asap after a fault shows up - the control modules as I say so log the faults but only for so long... about 40 starts if I recall on the key -so you see what Im driving at there..Any local garage that has the equipment can run this test for you then you can have it repaired where / as you please...or of course any Jaguar dealer can do this for you - its not expensive to have the tests run... and then of course the repairs would need to be costed as found at that time..So thats the next step on this one now.. Im not just saying take it in... Im sure you understand that.. Unless you have the fault code test equipment, you have to do that to make progress ... -- Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.-- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert