Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My 2008 X-Type has developed an intermittent problem. Sometimes

My 2008 X-Type has developed an intermittent problem. Sometimes when I put my foot down to accelerate the car revs but nothing happens. I believe that this could be a clutch problem or a bearing in the clutch, if so what is the approximate cost of a supply & fit of a new clutch
Thank you so much
Molly
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Molly and Welcome -My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.You need to be sure that this is a clutch issue Molly - have it double checked... It does sound like it to be honest - in that if you press the pedal -and the engine speed revs up - but the car wont move or does, but slowly.. and over time, you have had trouble getting up hills etc - then yes , thats what it would be.Now- as far as prices go.. that is a little difficult to say on here. The reason being, prices that garages charge differ all over the country -and even from garage to garage.. So - what I would suggest to you to do is, ring two or three garages in your locale and get quotes. That way, there won't be any nasty surprises with the bill - A tip is you dont have to use a dealer - any smaller type garage can do this job for you -and that will be cheaper for you than a dealer.Too - click on this link HERE that I have uploaded for you -- That takes you to a site that you enter your own postcode in - and it gives you recommended garages in your locale that should be fair and give you a fair price.This sort of job on the car you have Molly is not cheap -it is several hundred pounds on most for a complete clutch change -- but again - that is very general - but it gives you an idea of what to expect. I hope you understand why I cant give you an exact price as above - I wouldn't want to mislead you .. garage prices vary SO much.There is no benefit in going for a dearer quote thinking you may get a better job - go for the best quote - and ask each one about the length of warranty on the job. Generally you would expect to have 2 years warranty on the clutch componenets - and 1 year on the labour.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.