Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I brought my 2005 jaguar xk8 back from the States when I retired

I brought my 2005 jaguar xk8 back from the States when I retired last year, I subsequently bought an updated sat nav disc for the UK. When I loaded the disc, it threw up a read error, it would appear that my reader is zoned for the U.S. and inhibits reading of the UK disc.
Have you come across this before? And how do I go about getting my reader re zoned?
Archie Neill
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Im afraid Archie you are correct - they are on a different reading system..its the interface / operating system thats all different. ( Much like the Zone / Region 1 / 2 issues with household Dvd players. )
The bad news is I do not know of any where that can re programme these for use in the UK - they set has to be replaced with a UK one Im sorry to say.
Im sorry thats not likely the answer you wished to see but I can only say what is the case Im afraid.
You can get replacement units on the likes of Ebay at not too bad prices.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.