Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My car is an XJ6 TVCi 2.7 diesel (07 registration plate) An

My car is an XJ6 TVCi 2.7 diesel (07 registration plate)
An intermittent fault is that the parkbrake can lock and will not disengage meaning that I can't drive off. I have dealt with this by disconnecting the battery for 5/10 minutes and reconnecting it. I can now drive but there is a continual 'beep-beep' sound and an advice message on the message centre about 'apply parkbrake'. How can I resolve this?
Keith
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..
Can I just ask Keith - I know you say you have had to to an Auto elec... but has it had a fault code read at all?
Rgds, MIKE.......................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Mike. The Auto electrician didn't say anything about a fault code. Is there any further information I can try to get for you ?

Keith

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Keith -
Thank you for your reply -
Ok Keith -you need to get this fault code read. This means having a plug in diagnostic test on the braking system on the car. There is obviously a fault - and as such, the computer module that has overall control of this system will have logged at least one fault code - With a scan of the logs , this will tell what this is - and direct you to the fault.
What you can try for now is a re boot of the system - but follow this procedure exactly ---
Start the engine and pump the brakes a few times.
Press and hold the brake pedal and push down on the switch handle.
If this does not work then try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes to allow all the control modules to power down - this re boots them. Make sure the keys are out of the car when you do this !
Then reconnect the battery -and and see if there is a message that says to Apply Parking Brake. Start the engine and pump up the brakes. Press and hold the brake pedal then lift up on the parking brake switch.
See if that resets it all for you Keith - it should.
If the fault re appears - or that above does not work - you will have to have a Jag dealer or someone with the correct tool to run the code test as above to sort it as mentioned above. Its pretty straight forward once the code read is done for the garage.
The beep you are getting at present by the way is normal - its part & parcel of the fault message there - to keep you aware... really designed to annoy you into getting it looked at.. you can Im sure understand why..
So thats the way on this one Keith -
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..
Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -
- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert