Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a jag xjr and a code comes on the dash some times ACS

Customer Question

i have a jag xjr and a code comes on the dash some times ACS can you help me repair it
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.The warning message / light you have is for the braking / traction control system faults.. Its actually ASC.When those warning lights come on the ABS module has detected a fault in the system and will have logged / stored a code.You will need a Jaguar compatible fault code tool to read the codes now logged in the module. Once retrieved, that will tell you just where in the system the fault causing the message , has occured, then it can be sorted.I can tell you that these versions suffer with the link harness going to the wheel speed sensor at each wheel ( there is one sensor on each road wheel )... and the ABS module itself. So these can be / should be really checked first -- Them of course if you see a fault - bad wire / connection etc - you can just sort it.If you do end having to get a fault code read done, If the code you get is C1095 then the module is at fault. If you get a front wheel speed sensor code ( the machine tells you that ) ... then often its the link harness, check that before changing any sensors.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile right now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.