Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I put about half a litre of petrol in my diesel jaguar xj three

Customer Question

I put about half a litre of petrol in my diesel jaguar xj three litre. I tried to fill it with diesel but it didn't seem to want to let me. I managed to fill it very slowly and the tank is about 2 thirds full. I have driven it for about 20 miles and it seems fine.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if this is a 2005 era car with the 2.7 ltr turbo diesel V6 then its fuel tank is a huge 85 ltrs and as the safe amount of petrol you can run in a diesel is about 15% concentration then I'd say you should be fine as 2/3rds of 85 = 56 ltrs so 0.5 ltr = 0.8 % so nothing to worry about
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.