Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Got a code 244a which keeps putting my s type in to restricted

got a code 244a which keeps putting my s type in to restricted performance
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
The code you have there-- the 244a.. is usually meaning you have a fault with / clogged DPF system - that is common and will put your fault light / message on - and invoke Limp Mode usually - meaning the car will be underpowered.
To sort this you are going to need garage help usually - but, you can try what is called a forced regeneration of the DPF system,.
To do that you need to take the car out on a road where you can acheive a speed of at least 50 mph in 4th gear...for a period of about 20 mins...
Then stop it- re try it.. if that has worked , all will clear..
If no - or if it comes on again - you will have to have the DPF system serviced.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE