Mike
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 5 yr old Jaguar XK-R convertible and reason

I have a 5 yr old Jaguar XK-R convertible and for no reason at all
the roof won't open this morning. Had no problems in the past. Any ideas?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
Usually if and when you get a fault in the electronics for the roof you will get a beep and or flashing light when you press the switch to open / close.
If you have that - a plug in check with a Jaguar fault tool will very quickly ID the area of fault.
If not - often its just one of the latches that are sticking / stuck - not releasing the roof - what you can attempt is to press the switch and give the roof at the area of the latches a thump with the palm / ball part of your hand - often if its just sticking, that will release it.. and then you can attend to it after - usually a dose of Wd40 will cure it if thats all it is.
IF its not going to work for you , it can then be one of several things from the latches to the sensors etc... you really would have to have it plug in checked as above then.
Too - just ensure there is no debris / litter etc in the way of the actual mechanisms...first before the above.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but it took so long to reply that I sorted the problem myself. The shelf in the boot that the hood folds in to was not correctly located in its lugs so the roof would not fold down. L
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Thank you for your reply.Im glad to see you have cured the issue - indeed as mentioned things in the way of the mechanisms etc will indeed cause such issues.Can I just mention - I realise why you have left me a neg rating - because of the length of time it took for you to get an answer and you had done it by then - but I personally wasn't on the day you listed your question ( indeed I have been off for a few days with illness )... So I only saw your question listed when I did - and answered it straight away. So while the neg rating may be aimed at the site / justanswer, it does though do me harm for my ratings. I wonder if you might please reconsider - and leave me just say an "Ok" rating.. that will help me personally and I will really appreciate that - Thank you.Too of course may I just say, you are welcome back anytime -Thank you in anticipation of your understanding- Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Jaguar Technician
Experience: Tech Expert